COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Immersion Group (“Immersion Group”) (or a third party on behalf of Immersion Group).
2. By entering the competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Immersion Group may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
1. The competition is open to all residents. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of Immersion Group may not enter as well as;
§ Subsidiaries of Immersion Group;
§ Companies sharing common directors with Immersion Group;
§ Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
§ Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
2. Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, Immersion Group may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
3. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Immersion Group’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
5. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
6. Entry to the competition may only be made through email as indicated in the competition information. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
7. Neither Immersion Group nor its staff, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Immersion Group or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
8. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Immersion Group will be void.
9. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Immersion Group shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Immersion Group will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Immersion Group decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Immersion Group reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
1. The prize is as specified in the competition information.
2. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Immersion Group or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
3. Immersion Group will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Immersion Group shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Immersion Group is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Immersion Group reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
5. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Immersion Group’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Immersion Group’s sole discretion.
6. Immersion Group reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Immersion Group that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
7. Immersion Group reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
8. Immersion Group shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Immersion Group reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
9. In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Immersion Group and entrants grant to Immersion Group a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. Immersion Group (or any third party nominated by Immersion Group) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
2. Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Immersion Group and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Immersion Group may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Aggregate, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating
reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
4. Immersion Group shall comply with all applicable requirements of legislation or other applicable laws.
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Immersion Group’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Immersion Group cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Immersion Group is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
2. Immersion Group cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Immersion Group. Immersion Group will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
1. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Immersion Group shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Immersion Group reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Immersion Group including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
2. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
3. Please note that calls or emails may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
The promoter of the competition is Immersion Group, Suite 345, 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8EA
4. These terms and conditions were last updated on 19 October 2020.